IL DIVO - UNCHAINED MELODY

Kỷ niêm những năm 60-70
Quỳnh Hương
Pentium 4

IL DIVO - UNCHAINED MELODY

Postby Quỳnh Hương » 25 Nov 2006 09:02

Unchained Melody...một bài nhạc có thể nói là xưa nhưng lối trình bày của nhóm tứ ca Il Divo này thì thật khác lạ và tuyệt vời.

Mang bài viết của NS Thanh Trang vào đây để chia sẻ :)

Mấy năm trở lại đây ở phương Tây này có một nhóm "Tứ Ca" lấy tên là "Il Divo" đang sáng ngời trên vòm trời ca hát. Nghĩa của 2 chú "Il Divo" la -theo tiếng Anh- "The Divine" hoac "The sublime", với chữ "Divo" có nghĩa là" tuyệt vời","Tuyệt đỉnh" hay "Tuyệt diệu" ! Mà cái tựa đó là do người thành lập nhóm "Il Divo" đặt ra chứ không do nhóm "Tứ Ca" đó tự phong cho mình ! Quan trọng hơn nữa: Người thành lập nhóm nghĩ đến cái biệt hiệu đó là sau khi nghe Andrea Bocelli va Sarah Brightman hát rồi nảy sinh ý nghĩ là thành lập một nhóm "Tứ Ca" có thể thể hiện đến mức "Tuyệt Đỉnh" những ca khúc có giá trị !

Và kèm theo đây là "audio file" bài hát "Unchained melody" trong CD "Il Divo" mà họ hát đúng theo bài bản chứ không có cái màn thêm mấy am "a.. a.." như hầu hết các ca sĩ lọai 'Pop" khác bấy nay vẫn hát để các bạn thấy phong cách hát của họ nó khác với những ca sĩ "danh tiếng" khác trong làng "Pop" bấy nay là như thế nào.

Sau đây là một bài viết giới thiệu nhóm "Tứ Ca" đó trên "website" của "Wikipedia":

The idea behind Il Divo's creation came to Simon Cowell after listening to Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman's rendition of Con Te Partirò. Aware of this new appreciation for lyrical voices and classical music, he decided to form a multinational quartet (Spain, Switzerland, France, and United States) that sounded like The Three Tenors and looked like Armani models.

With this idea, Cowell commenced a worldwide search for young singers who were willing to embark on the Il Divo project. His search lasted two years, from 2001 until December 2003, when the fourth member of Il Divo, American tenor David Miller, was signed. The well-established formation of Il Divo comprises a renowned Spanish opera and zarzuela baritone, Carlos Marín, two classically trained tenors, Swiss Urs Bühler and American David Miller, and a French pop singer, Sébastien Izambard. Recording of their first album started in the first half of 2004 in Sweden.

The group's debut album, the self-titled Il Divo, contains renditions of Toni Braxton's hit "Unbreak My Heart" (Regresa A Mí), Frank Sinatra's hit "My Way" (A Mi Manera), an adaptation of Ennio Morricone's soundtrack titled "Gabriel's Oboe" from the movie La Misión titled "Nella Fantasia" and 1994's San Remo Festival winner "Passerà". Il Divo sings in English, Italian, Spanish, French, and Latin.

Il Divo hit the #1 slot on both Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com after a breakout career-defining appearance on The Oprah Winfrey Show on April 5, 2005, where the quartet performed its interpretation of Toni Braxton's hit "Unbreak My Heart" titled "Regresa A Mi."

In the United Kingdom, the Il Divo album topped Robbie Williams as number 1 in the UK charts (allegedly Williams said to them during the Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason film premiere, "Oi, you're the bastards that knocked me off!"). This multiplatinum-selling CD became number one in the charts in a total of 13 countries around the world, and achieved top 5 placing in 25 countries.

Il Divo's second album, Ancora, was recorded in both Sweden and London with world-renowned recording giants Per Magnusson and David Kreuger and producer Steve Mac, who was also the producer of their first album. Released on November 7, 2005 in the UK, it hit number one both in the UK and Australia within one week. Ancora was released in the US on January 24, 2006. It entered the Billboard albums chart at number 1, selling more than 150,000 copies during its first week of sales.

Highlights on Ancora include "Isabel", "I Believe In You (Je Crois En Toi)", a duet with Céline Dion, a Spanish version of Secret Garden's "You Raise Me Up"(Por Ti Seré), and Il Divo's cover of Eric Carmen's "All By Myself". Two of the tracks on the UK and Australia release of this CD, "O Holy Night" and "Ave Maria", appear on the 2005 US-only release, The Christmas Collection.

Having just completed a six-month world tour (USA, Australia and Europe) with sold out performances of songs from Il Divo and Ancora, Il Divo have just started another batch of concerts as special guests in the Barbra Streisand North American Tour, which began on October 4, 2006.

The group, which has been honoured in the 2006 edition of the Guinness Book of World Records as the Most Multinational UK No.1 Album Group, performed the 2006 FIFA World Cup official song "Time Of Our Lives" with R&B singer Toni Braxton live at half time during the 9th June kickoff match and again at the 9th July closing ceremony, preceding Shakira. [1] [2] The song is written by Swedish songwriter, Jörgen Elofsson and is available exclusively on Voices.

Il Divo's upcoming third album, Siempre, will be in US stores on November 21, 2006, and stores worldwide on November 28, 2006.[3]

On December 4, 2006 Il Divo will release a new live DVD titled, "Il Divo: Live At the Greek Theater." It is a recording of a live concert given by Il Divo earlier this year (June 27, 2006) at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles, California, during their World Tour 2006. It includes performances of "Regresa A Mi," "All By Myself (Solo Otra Vez)," "Passerà," "Isabel," "Nella Fantasia," "Rejoice," "Pour Que Tu M'aimes Encore," "I Believe In You (Je Crois En Toi)," "Unchained Melody (Senza Catene)," "Every Time I Look At You," "Si Tú Me Amas," "Feelings," "Mama," "Somewhere," "Heroe," and "My Way (A Mi Manera)".

Thanh Trang

Return to “Nhạc Anh”